A deeply rooted, 80-year history combined with a progressive mindset has fostered our continued growth and recognition as the top 100 U.S. firm Doeren Mayhew is today.
||Truly unifying its locations in November 2012, Doeren Mayhew took on a new look and made a new promise to deliver insight, oversight and foresight for our clients’ businesses. Embracing its new identity, the firm not only gained an updated logo and a more robust website, but a fresh outlook. After purchasing the Columbia Tower III, the firm’s Troy headquarters relocated just down Big Beaver Road. The firm also expanded its footprint once again to serve clients in the state of Florida from a new Fort Lauderdale office.
||After celebrating its 75th anniversary, Doeren Mayhew looked to expand its footprint outside the Midwest, and merged with Houston-based TR Moore & Company. The match was as familiar as it was well suited, with TR Moore & Company founder Tim Moore having begun his career at Doeren Mayhew alongside Managing Shareholder Mark Crawford in the late 70s before relocating to Texas.
||Doeren Mayhew became nationally applauded as a “Best of the Best” firm by INSIDE Public Accounting for the first time, and would go on to continue garnering this designation year after year. Turning over leadership in 1996, the firm voted Mark Crawford as Managing Shareholder.
||The firm became a professional corporation, resulting in a name change to Doeren Mayhew & Co., P.C.
||Due to continued growth and the addition of new partners, the firm returned to the name Doeren Mayhew & Co. in 1977. The firm also decided to relocate its headquarters farther north to the city of Troy, Michigan.
||Changing the name to reflect the partnership between Karl and Bruce, the firm became Doeren Mayhew & Co., while also moving to the north side of Detroit, in 1951. Over the next seven years, a strong affiliation with the University of Detroit helped to foster the admission of the firm’s next three partners, Emil C. Grob, James E. McNamara and T. Earl Garrett. In 1958, the firm changed its name to Doeren Mayhew Grob & McNamara.
||In 1941, Karl Doeren hired his first bright mind, recent University of Detroit graduate Bruce R. Mayhew, as an accountant with the firm. Working at the prime wage of $35 per month, Bruce tackled his first assignment, bookkeeping for Mistele Coal Co. After nearly four years, his hard work paid off, and Bruce was named a partner at Karl M. Doeren & Co.
||In 1932, Karl Doeren founded Karl M. Doeren & Co. in Gross Pointe Park, Michigan, a space shared with his previous employers Dodge Accounting, Richard’s Audit Co. and Isenburg Purdy. Expanding the firm’s footprint, Karl opened an additional office in Detroit, which would become the new headquarters in 1934. On the move again in the city of Detroit, the firm relocated its headquarters twice between 1935 and 1937, going from the Guardian Building to the Penobscot Building, where it would remain for the next 20 years.